Tuesday, March 08, 2011

I Have Talent

The new house is great. It's a duplex, actually, but it feels like a house. Actually, it feels like home. I like the layout, the color on the walls. I like the yard and the cabinetry in the kitchen. I like to office and the bathtub. Okay, home. I'll call it home. I can stay here awhile, at least. That's more than I can usually say. So, home it is.

My home on a quiet u shaped street, in the middle of a little tiny town. Tiny, yes, but there's a Walmart here. It's convenient, but strange. I drive to Ashland two to three times a day. Not a big deal, it's eight to twelve minutes for me. Ben goes to the Avalon, which is less than a half mile. Man, his world is small right now, in Talent. However, he saves on Gas, right?

Ben and I have two cars; registered, insured, and running. We have money in the bank, an office and a yard. We have everything we need.

They boys, well... Garrett is loving his school. He, however, has few friends that seek him out as a playmate at recess and such (though he is popular and the kids like him). Problem is, he likes to play ninjas, etc. He doesn't play basketball or other sports, really, and that's what the other kids do. I try to be supportive of him being his own person. There isn't much other than that I can do, really. He is way ahead in his education at this point (after going to a California school), and is a little bored, but excited to be reading at a fourth grade level. He knows what viscous is, and taught me again today. He sits at the counter of my restaurant three times a week and reads, while he eats a grilled cheese sandwich and converses with the staff. He is well ahead of his years.

Nate hates his "boring" school with his "mean" teacher. Quite frankly, I don't like it either. They play video games and the other children are quite abnoxious. Each day he cries and I have to bribe him to get out of the car. When that doesn't work, I yank him and run away quickly as I leave him in the doorway. It sucks, but it's cheap. He has paramount control issues, over his body mostly, and ADD/ADHD is always in the back of my mind. Dr. Delgado will see him soon, which is great. Dr. Delgado delivered him, and will make a great family doctor.

My job: I have to learn to delegate more. I have to keep my focus on saving my steps. I know I can learn it all, but I have to patient with myself and give myself the allowance of a learning curve. It's difficult for me to be on a learning curve. I struggle with not being the BEST. I'll get there. I begin supervising soon. I miss sake though, let me just say. I know a tremendous amount about sake, and I feel like it's a waste with me not using my knowledge.

Ben. Well, Ben is working a ton. He took over the jobs of three people, and it's taxing on him. Lucky for me, he is good at working hard, and he keeps a positive outlook. He moves forward, as we all do. He moves with grace and ease, or seems to. What we lack in time we have in love, and we know it will pay off in the end.

The kids love to hang with Suzu and Papa and uncle Nolan, too. It's good to be near family. Noah is great as well, with helping the family out.

So, long story short, we live well and we will prosper. We have the foundation of a new beginning, and are moving in a positive direction, all of us.

It's not easy, and as much as I'd like to vent (and I will possibly in the near future), I just wanted to shed some light on what we are doing and how we are.

My family is strong, and I am thankful each and everyday that we are together and moving in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment