Tuesday, April 20, 2010

BIG

I love you BIG!

Big is big. Big means: of major concern, importance, gravity, or the like; according to Dictionary.com.
How do you discern Big and Small? Is it a comparison? I do believe it is.
Small is small. Small means: of limited size; of comparatively restricted dimensions; not big; according to dictionary.com.

So, when we say, "I love you BIG!", what exactly does that mean?

I believe I love you BIGGER than all the other things that were smaller. There is only one thing bigger than my love for you.

What is big in my life? My kids are big. The strongest, the most important thing in my life, are my kids. My kids are BIG!

My children have made me who I am. My children have stopped me from becoming who I was, who I wanted to be. They have made me the me I am... and i could never imagine being another person. I never wanted to be a mother. However, my children were and continue to be BIG. They were not comparitively restricted by my wants. They became who I was, who I am. They are me, and that is BIG.

When you compare BIG with small, what is left? What is bigger, biggest, most important? Maybe comparisons do not work afterall. I do not love you small.

It would be like comparing whiskey with wine. I like them both. One no less than the other. They are just different.

And I still love you just as BIG as ever. Just so you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment