Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Goal of Truth

Henry Miller set out to post the truth, no matter what the cost of it. He never accomplished that goal, and he admitted it, too. A fucking great man, I'm sure. He just set his goals upwards of attainable. I suppose we could all consider him a successful failure, as are most writers are. Me? I'm a liar. I could write the truth as I percieve it. However, my mind is skewed and my memory always fails and dissappoints me. What is the truth today would become a lie the moment I remember another detail, and then the truth I thought I held would be a compounded lie and so on and so forth. For me to set a goal of truth would be, for lack of a better adjective, just plain stupid. However, for the sake of everyone including myself, I will try. This is my promise. I am a liar. I am a liar destined to discover the truth. The truth about myself, about my life, about my love. Cliche, I do realize. It's my destiny, though. I have no other choice that to achieve it, somehow. This is my goal. My background is simply complicated, and to have others understand it seems far from reality. However, it is why I am who I am, and why I am not who I am not. I will share in some detail, as I can remember. My brain doesn't work in chronological order. Just keep reading..... This is the beginning. This is the end. I am here only to find and hold my truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment